Friday, May 8, 2020

Del Prado Collection

I was extremely fortunate to be able to acquire a sizable collection of Del Prado cavalry miniatures via ebay two weeks ago.

The collection arrived today from the UK. As I unpacked the boxes, I was blown away by how impressive these figures are en masse. There is certainly a fair amount of fading, cracking, and physical damage on them, but all of that can be repaired. Being able to get this large collection all at once, right at the beginning of this new project is very exciting, and gives me energy and enthusiasm to work on it.

Here is the whole thing on my gaming table:



These are 25mm, and sit nicely between 18mm, which are apparently getting to be too small for my aging eyes, and the 28-30mm monsters of today.
I will be basing cavalry 3 on a stand to represent a regiment/ stand, which means 4 stand per unit, each unit being a Division.

Infantry will also be four stands per unit with each stand having 2 ranks of three figures.

Can't wait to start refurbishing this giant lot and do up a few units to see how they'll look.

1 comment:

  1. This is a dangerous path you have started down - I know from experience, but oh so fun! Last year I acquired about 2750 immaculately painted Hinton Hunt figures (maybe a hair smaller than the Del Prados. I figure it is a five year project to really get them into top notch shape.

    Enjoy and congrats!

    David
    https://miniatureminions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete